9.07.2010

so much clearer

I see what he wants from me. Its beautiful. I almost want to shy away from standing in those shoes. They seem like someone more than me should fill. Only I know they were formed to fit me. Its like I've been here before, even my stubby little toes have their perfect indention, the place that they call home. So I take it foot by foot. First my left, then my right. I kneel down, my knees crack a little- because it's been a while since I've been here- putting on the givers shoes. I touch the laces, the shoes are worn in for sure. I pull them taught. I tie the knot on one side. I move to the next and repeat that tieing motion, putting my feel fully in the shoes that are to be filled by only me. I stand and I feel the love that moves from my toes to my heart, from my heart to my fingers, all the way up my arms and out of my head.
Who are you Christ? What is this charity? You're beautiful, charming, and peaceful. How do I deserve thee? I know in my gratitude I'll do all that I can to serve thee. Thank you for these shoes. Thank you for these individuals that you've given to me to care for. Thank for letting me borrow thy love, and filling my fountain within. You are the living waters, you are the shining sun. I'll runnth over just to let them feel you, I'll shine just to let them see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.