11.08.2010

footing

I see the light. I feel the foundation. I graze my torn up fingertips across the rock and I know, again- finally where i stand. Here I sit, with blankets wrapped around me like a Moses robe, reading about whether its right for people to hate pigs or not, or whether there should be stricter gun control laws in the United States or not- what am I doing? I'm taking a moment of reflection on something good that happened. I felt it today, the reason to let all my armor fall in a pile at my feet. Today I felt safe. I understood what it was to trust, and I let nature- oh sweet nature- come in and do its thing. The truth is, life is going to happen- things will go or not- My place is to accept in gratitude what is good, and to endure and pull through what is bad. my place is not to worry- to force, coerce, or change that of which is supposed to happen. Just accept it and trust the one who knows so much more than I. because he is.
A boy stood before us and talked a lot about football today, but really if you were listening- you heard about Christ, and people living by his example and serving and giving pure love to others. Its incredible what you hear when you decide to listen with your heart and not your ears. I like it.
So my effort is here: do my part- don't think about it, just do it- help others do their part- enjoy the love that I feel when I do those things. Seek to understand what it is that I have been given and truly show gratitude in service and in love.
My family loves me. I'm really lucky for that. My friends, they love me too. I am really lucky for that. My parents- they support me. I couldn't ask for more. My God, he knows me- what can I really say to that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.