Think about it, when we learn a second language- we want to start talking right away- but babies- they take quiet months to learn, and then they slam dunk it once they learn and they learn really quickly- usually by 3 they have a fairly good vocabulary- they become fluent in a year. With out a study book, what if we moved to a country that spoke an entirely different language. what if we just let ourselves listen for 18 months- do you think over the course of the next 12 we could become fluent, without study or manuals? I'm not sure- but I think observation is a powerful tool.
I've been thinking a lot about my communication with the Lord lately. I've been trying to figure out how to hear him, and how to really listen. I've been thinking about my refusal to heed the quiet promptings- and I guess I really wonder what would happen if I did. maybe I'm nervous- maybe I think my strict obedience would do nothing. Its silly- because any other time I've applied obedience and faith my conscious has cleared and I've truly felt freer. Its weird- because silly things from years ago reflect against my conscious- but they're still there, untaken care of- an apology is all it would take- and to be honest- its not affecting anyone but me. Why wouldn't someone open their heart by fixing their faults so they could have a conscious clear conscience? Why wouldn't they do it. Maybe it won't do anything but clear a conscience- but what does that feel like, right? clean. and when that happens isn't the entire world your canvas- and can't you paint with anything then? Just something to think about- maybe I just need to be quiet and listen before I talk...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.