This week has been insane.
I started my new schedule of classes and met all my instructors- I like them all, which is surprising. I'm only taking 4 classes- but I'm working like 25 hrs a week- so I feel like that's a fair balance when trying to keep everything in check. I'm taking: English 201, Art History, Music Appreciation, and Intro to Law. I'm pretty stoked to have started my program this semester. I feel like its going to be really intense but really worth it- I read five pages of case notes thursday during my travels- I learned like 5 or six new words, which was cool. Vocab is kind of an intense thing, when getting into your career- learning the lingo and all the jargon that has to do with different aspects of law.
I worked my new schedule- which meant that I was in the office by 8 every morning doing contracts and files. Full time on Tues and Thurs.
I did a some service and it felt good to give back a little.
By mid week I caught the flu... which was stupid- and I'm getting rid of the worst of it right now. Which means my weekend has been pretty uneventful.
This week was a fog- it went fast.
blurried images of remembrance. looking past further than just the past couple hours. wishing I could just turn off my brain and sleep rather than think. scrolling through images of the past year- phasing from one level of life to the next. Working harder these days to keep things in place. glancing down at my roots from time to time is a good reminder that I'm still touching the soil and the grainy rich dirt squishes between my pale girl toes. walking orchard paths barefoot with a lovers conversation as companion. sun shines brightly and as I look up to catch a glimpse of his brown eyes and sharp cheek bones, I can only look for a second because the brightness forces these lids shut.
I had that dream this week.
Something still haunt me, wishing they wouldn't I sing 'em pray 'em out.
"I wake up exhausted- its not morning. Its back to sleep- to redreaming"- Tegan & Sara
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.