2.23.2011

opposition or realism?

I have a favorite class this semester- It's the survey of Art History and its taught by Jim Gough. He's kind of an artist with the way he displays the principles that he teaches in class- one thought lies upon another, his words grow into a vine of knowledge- It's inspiring.

Sometimes bad things happen- but its not what happens to you, its how you react that truly defines a person.
I think that we, as children of God, think that because we know things about God that he owes us blessings- or safety from difficulty- or a shield from the storms of life- or something cookie cutterish with a white picket fence- lipstick and an apron. Something that doesn't exist. I wonder how many people fake it?
all I know is I haven't received my lolly pop yet.

Are we not all beggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind?

You cannot horde what doesn't belong to you- and that's everything.
I'm learning lesson's that I probably should've learned a different way. But in my -stove toucher mentality- it comes to me like this.

I stumble over my past actions and regret many. But I suppose that I wouldn't be learning these things now if I wasn't who I am today. I'm sure I have much more to learn- I'm sure I will make many more mistakes. I can't be too proud to say I won't have to say I'm sorry, and really mean it, too many times to count.

People say- "Live a life without regret." (that's an imperative sentence, a command so to speak) - is it possible to live a life of perfection and to never ever look back and wish you would've done something differently- I'm positive that the previous command is impossible. Something to strive for, I suppose

What shall we expect from one another? Perfection? Its not possible.

Today I learned this: For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so,..., righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness, nor misery, neither good nor bad, Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility.

In gothic cathedrals there honestly is darkness- but its divinely designed to be that way so that you can see and focus on the light that comes through the windows and features truth.
Everything else in the life that we lead is exactly like that.
One cannot be in existence without the other- or it might, but then it looses its appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.