So I visited the family down in Orem that I nannied for. Honestly its an incredible and encouraging experience each time I do.
I love those kids. I love Cyrene (one of my best friends for sure), and even now that she is married we talk about parenting tactics and ways to handle certain situations.
I can't wait to teach my own. I had really great conversations with those children, in a way that I know i was reaching them, in a way that I know they were reaching me. It was powerful.
Each time I go one of the kids or Cyrene will say "You're family" and I consider them the same.
It's pretty amazing to be brought into another's family. This has happened a couple times over the last couple years and I have too much to be grateful for.
Paula Dean- I read her memoir a few years ago and there was a quote/ idea that stuck with me and I really liked it. It was "Treat your family like friends and your friends like family and you'll never be alone" I believe it. I think that one should treat every person with the love and special attention of those that are family but also with the courteousness and kindness of a friend or guest and they will feel that special individual attention and love and it will make them want to stick around.
Once I came home i had dinner with my roommates. I'm glad we can sit around a dinner table with one another and chat. We're close, we share one another's joys and one another's sorrows.
All I'm saying is that I'm glad I have the blessing and the opportunity to be surrounded by such loving people, and that I have the opportunity to love them as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.