I've decided that I think its the ideas that are hard to achieve not the event.
I think anyone can do things if they set their mind to it. I think the tricky thing is the byproduct of the result. For example, a diet would make you lose weight- the the tough thing to gain from it is self control.
So its the virtues and talents that are developing- this is the hard part, this is the mortal experience. Not the graduation, or the being fit, or the clothes you wear, or the money you make, or even the accomplishments that you have- its the development of virtue.
The dependance upon the Savior to forgive. The getting to know yourself well enough to know your strengths and weaknesses. the gaining of charity.
"in all thy getting, get understanding"- Proverbs 4:7
Life's tricky- Society wants you to do things- God wants you to understand things.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.