12.07.2011

Common Occurances

Something that I've seen lately that's got me a little worried is the floundering new wife, which is occuring in a lot of my friends lives. I'm observing it indirectly and then kind of analyzing my own feelings. (if you're a new wife and you're doing one of the following it doesn't mean your're experiencing what I'm writing about. If you are doing all of the things that I sugguest then you might be and you should take a minute to think about it)

Pure Observation: New Wife/ New mom
-Hair School... do you really want to do hair? If so, stick with it.
-Selling crappy jewelry that is really overpriced. Why?
-Starting study at home programs that are supposed to take a year and then quitting them after a month or even just a couple weeks.
-Not working, but not momming either

Some of my own feelings:
After I got married a new set of responsibility settled down on my shoulders, and an anxiety also accompanied it for preparation for the future. I felt as though what was expected of me didn't just simply change, but expectation was increased. Even though it had been previously discussed and decided to wait the thought of motherhood came to mind more frequently. (Still waiting- no worries or excitement for the readers)
Choice of specified and intense study needed to occur so that I could assist my husband in making our dreams come true. But which direction was best for us?
These sorts of thoughts and feelings flowed my mind.

All I'm really saying is if these particular women that I'm observing- if they are hurrying from one program to the next without finishing anything they will not be prepared. The importance of making a good, solid, responsible decision is going to impact your abilities later.

1. Do get an education- do find a field or hobby that will enrich your life and your future.
2. Build a strong foundation of service and revelation with your Father in heaven- he will direct thy paths so you don't have to be so far from where you NEED to be.
3. Realize what matters most: Serving the Lord, and your family- the rest can fall away.
4. Take the effort to prepare spiritually so you can hear the promptings of when it is right for you and your husband to start building a bigger family.


obviously, I haven't become any less opinionated. and I suppose if you're running from one thing to the next- if it's keeping you going and happy then maybe that's its purpose. My ranting today is mostly centered to me and how I would like to create my path- you can only know what you experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.