Is it really the best policy- or does it just piss people off?
I'm not sure. Because when I ask a question and someone answers honestly without intent to hurt me, yet the truth does- I'd prefer it. But somehow when the same thing happens in the opposite it seems as though people would prefer a lie. Because when people are honest with me... at least i know they aren't lying and i can appreciate there honesty and then do my best to cope with whatever the truth is and make ammends. But it doesn't seem like that when its the other way. If I'm honest I just piss people off. Because if it involves the third party- I don't keep secrets. I don't protect people from the truth just to get them to do what is right or keep the best possible outcome- even if its difficult. I say, "hey, I've been there- it freakin' sucks but its totally worth it"
But, no. the world prefers lies because the truth is too rude for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.